I’m a late-30-something-year-old former English major who has a job in financial services consulting. Over my years I’ve achieved some things, including the following in no particular order:
- Marrying the woman of my dreams. We met when I served her and a friend beanless chili, mashed potatoes, and a cinnamon roll at a restaurant.
- Giving the “talk of my life” at TEDxLincoln in 2012. Includes the details about the beanless chili mentioned above.
- Becoming a father to two wonderful kids.
- Being told that I look like Christopher Reeves, Jim Carrey, Joel McHale, and/or Mark Consueulos at certain times in my life.
- Learned how to fold a $20 bill into a little shirt and tie (see image above).
- Earning my arrow of light – GO PACK 29!
- Finishing my thesis and Masters of Arts in Creative Writing at UNL – GO HUSKERS!.
- Teaching kids to learn to read and write – GO LITERACY!
Things I plan on achieving before I die:
- Starting my own business.
- Saving someone’s life.
- Writing a book.
- Acting in a local play.
- Giving another TED talk.
- Celebrating a golden anniversary with my wife.
- Serving on a non-profit board.
- Immortality through not dying
Be like more than 20,000 people who have watched my TEDx talk on How Saying Yes Can Change Your Life!