I’m a late 30-something-year-old former English major who has a job in financial services consulting. Over my years I’ve achieved some things, including the following in no particular order:
- Marrying the woman of my dreams. We met when I served her and a friend beanless chili, mashed potatoes, and a cinnamon roll at a restaurant.
- Giving the “talk of my life” twice at TEDxLincoln in 2012 and 2013. The first talk includes the details about the beanless chili mentioned above.
- Becoming a father to two wonderful kids.
- Being told that I look like Christopher Reeves, Jim Carrey, Joel McHale, and/or Mark Consueulos at certain times in my life.
- Learned how to fold a $20 bill into a little shirt and tie (see image above).
- Earning my arrow of light – GO PACK 29!
- Finishing my thesis and Masters of Arts in Creative Writing at UNL – GO HUSKERS!.
- Teaching kids to learn to read and write – GO LITERACY!
Things I plan on achieving before I die:
- Starting my own business.
- Saving someone’s life.
- Writing a book.
- Acting in a local play.
- Giving another TED talk.
- Celebrating a golden anniversary with my wife.
- Serving on a non-profit board.
- Immortality through not dying
Be like more than 22,000 people who have watched my TEDx talks on How Saying Yes Can Change Your Life and Why We’re Not Meant to Find Deeper Purspose: